Monday, November 7, 2016

Sean Penn Talks Perception

Sean Penn recently sat down for an interview with Haute Living. Here's what he had to say:

On his public perception:
“I don’t read anything about myself in current tense, but I’m aware of stuff. I’m aware of extremes. I’m always surprised by anything very positive or anything very negative...I can imagine, based on things I’ve heard about myself, that nobody would show up at [my] damn event because of my involvement, you know? I can imagine that and, yet, people come out. I put one foot in front of the other, and it is what it is.”

On using his fame to bring light to humanitarian causes:
 “If you’re in the acting or film business, where your major job is to share things, then you ought not to be [in the business] if you don’t...It’s all just one thing. It’s every day, putting your feet in your pants. It’s acting and working in Haiti. It all feels like, for me, the same job. It’s a really lucky life and a really fortunate one, but it’s all just life to me.”

On Mel Gibson:
 “We just didn’t [work together before]. I don’t know why. [But I took the role because] it’s a great project, I get to work with Mel and it’s a beautifully written script.”

Read the full interview (which includes an update about his work in Haiti) at Haute Living.

No comments:

Post a Comment