Tuesday, November 22, 2016

J Law Talks Friends and Dogs

Jennifer Lawrence is on the cover of December's Vanity Fair magazine; here are some of the highlights from the accompanying interview:

On ordering tea during the interview:
“I am playing a ballerina in my next movie, so my first step is not drinking alcohol for every meal of the day. Obviously I’m still drinking every day.”

On having a strong work ethic:
“I don’t like waking up with nothing to do or going to sleep without accomplishing anything. That really depresses me.”

On Paris Fashion Week:
“[It's] the most intimidating time to be alive. You get ready in your hotel and you’re like, ‘I look awesome.’ Then you walk outside, see the outfits and people who are like seven feet tall, and are like, I am a piece of garbage. I’m not going out anymore.’ ” 

On her friendship with Emma Stone:
 “She texted me that she got my number from Woody. I replied, 'Fuck off!’ And we’ve been really good friends ever since...I love my job. I don’t know what I would be without acting. So if there is someone who loves the same thing, it should bring us closer. But it depends on how that person is, and Emma is so normal and lovely.” 

On going to a screening of Emma's upcoming La La Land:
“If I wasn’t her biggest fan, I would’ve Tonya Harding’d her in the kneecaps.”

On being 26:
“All of my friends are getting married and having babies. Weddings rock, but I will never be a bridesmaid again. There needs to be a bridesmaids’ union. It’s horrendous. If anyone asks me again, I’m going to say, ‘No. That part of my life is over. I appreciate the ask.’ If I do ever get married, I don’t think I will have bridesmaids. How can I rank my friends?”

On her love for chihuahua Pippi:
“Fuck it. I am the person who has an acrylic painting of her dog. I am a psychotic dog mom in a way that I am genuinely embarrassed about. If I could put her inside me and give birth to her I would. [Having kids] would be dangerous. My kids would be incredibly jealous because I would still be way more attentive to Pippi than I would to them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment