Thursday, November 10, 2016

Charlize Theron Talks Aging

Charlize Theron recently sat down for an interview with Vanity Fair Italy; here's what she had to say, as reprinted by E! News:

"I don't agree with that [notion,] and I'm not happy to hear people talking like that about Hollywood. Now that I'm 41, I work much more than 20 years ago, and I enjoy it even more. And all the women I know say the same thing, so it's time to stop this cliché."

On aging:
 "How could I be afraid of something so natural? Aging is part of our life, we can't avoid that. And a part of me is really grateful for all the things that have happened since I started aging, now I'm much wiser than 20 years ago. A wrinkle is nothing compared to that."

On Hollywood:
"Movies are just the mirror of society; the real problem is there. Hollywood's gender problem is nothing compared to the society's problem. The time has come for women to realize that the way we look outside is not the most important thing and it's not true we are worth less when we age."

No comments:

Post a Comment