Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Tyra Banks Still Has Beef With Naomi Campbell

Tyra Banks recently appeared on the Norweigan-Swedish series Skavlan, where she once again rehashed her feud with Naomi Campbell. Here's what she had to say, as reprinted by Page Six:

“I got to Paris and it was very difficult I did very well, very fast. But then the industry was saying, ‘Look out Naomi Campbell, here comes Tyra Banks, Naomi Campbell sit your butt down, this younger one is coming to take your place. It wasn’t fair to Naomi, but her response was … to this day I’m very scared of her. I don’t want to go too deep into the past, but it was very difficult, like some of the lowest times of my life dealing with that.

I don’t condone her actions and her response, but I understand where it comes from because the world is saying, ‘You’re not going to have your spot. We’re going to take your money, we’re going to take your fame. Go sit down, there’s somebody else.' She kept saying it never happened and then there was a commercial break and then she came back and said, you know, ‘I’m sorry.' And, oh my God, I just cried like a baby. To hear that after so many years of pain and dealing with it publicly … me having to leave agencies because of her … to hear that apology meant the world to me. She has no idea what that did for me.”


I'm guessing if someone asked Naomi to weigh in, her response would be "I don't know her."


No comments:

Post a Comment