Friday, October 21, 2016

Russell Brand Talks Impending Fatherhood

Russell Brand recently sat down for an interview with the Evening Standard, where he talked about preparing for fatherhood. Here's what he had to say:


“I feel lit up by the idea. I’m very excited about becoming a dad and I’m preparing myself. I am just getting ready to be with a new little person and see what it is they want.”

On what his life is like now:
“It is very calm. I look at the chickens, they hatch some eggs. Basically I’m like a village idiot — just looking at livestock. There is constant conflict between the primal drives: the drive to procreate, the drive to survive, and the drive to have status. But I am no longer deluded as to what may provide happiness. I’m so much happier over the course of the day to see one or two people and a few chickens, that’s a good way of living.”

On writing a book on addiction, due out next year:
“Addiction is about the way you relate to the outside world. If you’re lucky, you’ll get a substance misuse problem, which drills it right down. If you’re not lucky, you’ll have a food, sex or spending issue; those things are insidious because they’re culturally endorsed, they’re habitual.” 

On studying religion in global politics at the University of London:
“I am very interested in the role that religion and spirituality will play in the further formulation of world events and how secular societies are held together. The old idea [about politics] is dead and people don’t know what’s replacing it yet, so I’m spending some time discovering what it is.”


No comments:

Post a Comment