Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Lady Gaga Talks Spectacles

Lady Gaga recently sat down for an interview with Culture Magazine, where she talked about how her newest incarnation is much less of a spectacle than her previous ones. Here's what she had to say:

"To be frank, I would just prefer to go through this album cycle and talk about my music. That'd be great. It becomes about everything else, and that was what I [once] wanted. But if I wear a black T-shirt and black pants every day, [people] might listen to what I write. All the outfits, fashion and art pieces over the years made sense to me. They didn't make sense to other people. But I always got it. It was an expression, not a hiding.

This time, my style just stayed naturally at how I've been in the studio. I started vehemently saying, 'Get these clothes out! I'm not wearing this! I'm not wearing heels!' And some of that, too, is because I've been in the studio with boys. You can't make music with a bunch of boys who are staring at a lobster on your head. They are going to get distracted."

And more on her perceived audience for the album:
"This woman in middle America with hair pulled back, no makeup...[in] a sweatshirt you'd buy at the drugstore, [with] a kid in one hand, pinot grigio in the other, two kids running around. You don't know if she's married. But she's at my show, crying her eyes out because she feels I'm speaking for her."


No comments:

Post a Comment