Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Ben Stiller Reveals Prostate Cancer Battle

Ben Stiller, 50, recently appeared on the Howard Stern show, where he revealed that he was diagnosed with prostate cancer two years ago. Here's what he had to say:

"It came out of the blue for me. I had no idea...It's a very controversial subject, the PSA test. The PSA test is the only early screener for prostate cancer and, right now, the United States Preventative Services Task Force does not recommend to take the test. I think American Cancer Society says you should discuss it at 50. If I hadn't taken the test - my doctor started giving it to me at 46 - I would not have known. Right now, I still wouldn't have known."

On Robert De Niro:
"I called him right away. He hooked me up with his doctor (Dr. Ted Schaeffer)." 

On sex after surgery:
"It takes time to come back. It changes the experience of what an orgasm feels like. It's great, it just feels different."

On how the experience has changed him, and getting the word out about the PSA test:
"It just gives you an appreciation for everything in life and all the other bullshit doesn't matter...It's part of who I am now. This thing saved my life, I gotta say something."


No comments:

Post a Comment