Monday, September 26, 2016

Thomas Gibson Wants To Tell You His Side of the Story

Thomas Gibson recently sat down for an interview with People, because he thinks that we are vitally interested in hearing his side of the Criminal Minds firing story. Here's what he had to say:

On the infamous fight:
"We were shooting a scene late one night when I went to Virgil [Williams, writer producer of Criminal Minds] and told him there was a line that I thought contradicted an earlier line. He said, 'Sorry, it's necessary, and I absolutely have to have it.'...He came into that room and started coming towards me. As he brushed past me, my foot came up and tapped him on the leg. If I hadn't moved, he would have run into me. We had some choice words, for which I apologized the next day, and that was it. It was over. We shot the scene, I went home – and I never got to go back." 

On his beef with Shemar Moore:
"Shemar and I did have disagreements early on. People work differently and have different priorities, but we are like brothers and worked through it. I was so happy to direct the three-episode arc that was written to send him off, with hugs and kisses [at the end of last season]."

On his DUI in 2013:
"The night marathon was going on downtown, and a cop blocked me from entering my parking garage. I drove around the block, and another cop gave me permission. When I got to my garage gate, the first cop told me to get out and put my hands on the car. Suddenly five bike cops were running at me. One of them says, 'I smell alcohol.' I'd had one drink with a friend, but that was it. I passed their field sobriety test, but I refused [to blow into a Breathalyzer] and was arrested. My lawyer told me I could probably win if I fought the charge, but I didn't want to put my kids through a trial." 

On what he's learned:
"If I had the chance to do some things differently, I might. But there is a context to each of these incidents and I think that they don't add up to what ended up happening. I just I just need more opportunities to do good work and be a good guy." 


No comments:

Post a Comment