Monday, September 26, 2016

Ryan Murphy Talks Glee

Ryan Murphy recently sat down for an interview with Entertainment Weekly, where he reflected on his series Glee. Here's what he had to say:


“No one thought that was going to be anything, I think, other than a solid double, maybe at best. And we did it, and it was a magical experience because we shot the first 13 episodes in a bubble because nothing had aired.

“It was the best time in my life and the worst time in my life. There was a lot of infighting. There was a lot of people sleeping together and breaking up. It was good training for being a parent, I’ll tell you that much. But I also made a mistake: We all got too personal. We loved it so much that we would all go out to dinner and we’d hang out and we were always together, so there was no delineation between who was the boss and who was the employee. And we were all so close that finally when something would happen, it would be so personal to me that I would literally hit the roof.”

On Cory Monteith's last words to him, when Monteith visited Murphy on the set of The Normal Heart (Murphy had helped Monteith get into rehab):
“We hugged, and the last thing he said was ‘I love you, man, and thank you for helping me get better.’ And then the next thing I knew he was dead. It was like losing a child.” 

His final thoughts on Glee:
“What started off as being such a great celebration of love and acceptance ultimately became about darkness and death. It was a great lesson in what not to do moving forward. And many of them are my good friends to this day.”


No comments:

Post a Comment