Wednesday, September 28, 2016

John Carpenter Talks Rob Zombie

John Carpenter recently participated in a Q&A session at the New York Film Academy, where he was asked about Rob Zombie's Halloween remakes. Here's what Carpenter had to say, as reprinted by The Hollywood Reporter:

"He lied about me. He said that I was very cold to him when he told me that he was going to make [Halloween]. Nothing could be further from the truth. I said, 'Make it your own movie, man. This is yours now. Don’t worry about me.' I was incredibly supportive. Why that piece of shit lied, I don't know. He had no reason to. Why did he do it?"

On what he thought of Zombie's Halloween remakes:
"Frankly, that will color my response to the film. If I take that away, I did not -- I thought that he took away the mystique of the story by explaining too much about the guy. I don't care about that. It's supposed to be a force of nature, he's supposed to be almost supernatural. And he was too big. It wasn't normal."

Carpenter will return to the Halloween franchise to executive produce the series' 10th film.


No comments:

Post a Comment