Friday, September 23, 2016

Courtney Stodden on Grief

Courtney Stodden recently appeared on the podcast Allegedly with Theo Von and Matthew Cole Weiss, where she talked about how she's coping after suffering a miscarriage in July. Here's what she had to say, as reprinted by People:

On the prospect of more children:
"It's hard to say another kid. Yeah, I suppose so. I'm still in the grieving process, so it's hard for me to answer that question. But you know, you never know. I'm only 22, so I have a long time to think about that."

On making the news public:
"I've had so many people reach out to me – men and women – who've experienced it and they just said that I've helped them so much. When you think you're alone, not only in a miscarriage but in any trial in life, you feel like you are the only one and the world is closing in around you. I don't have any regrets about that at all. I got so much support and felt like I wasn't alone in that process."

On her year-long separation from husband Doug Hutchison in 2013:
"I [had] just recently finished a stint on Celebrity Big Brother in the U.K. and I think I turned 19 on the show and I was in the house for about a month and it was the first time I was away from Doug and I kind of felt like I was a college girl going away into a dorm or something with the cameras there. That was my first time away from Doug. After I got off the show, I was like, 'You know what, I need to sow my wild oats. I need to go out. I need to date. I need to screw.' So that was basically the primary reason for that separation and we were separated for about a year maybe...[I] went out and did my thing and then, you know, they really weren't one-night stands. I mean, I was kind of dating different people and was getting some marriage proposals while I was out." 

On how their marriage is now:
"I think when a couple faces a difficult trial in life together, whatever that may be, it either tears you apart or brings you together. And I think right now we're kind of in the kind of crossroad point where we're trying to figure it out...I don't regret marrying Doug because he's an incredible man. But I, let's just put it this way – if I ever have a child, I'm not going to let them marry when they're 16. I'm not going to allow that."


No comments:

Post a Comment